DCSIMG

Bedroom curtains catch fire in DIY accident

A DIY job turned into a nightmare when curtains were accidentally set on fire at a house in Copnor, Portsmouth.

Two fire engines were called to Laburnum Grove at about 10am yesterday.

A fire had started in an upstairs bedroom of the house.

Crews used hose reels to put out the fire and were at the property for half an hour.

A spokesman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue said the occupant of the house was doing DIY when the fire started. He added: ‘It was accidental.’

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page