DCSIMG

Electricals to blame for severe kitchen fire in Lee-on-the-Solent

AN ELECTRICAL fault led to a fire that ravaged a kitchen.

Two fire engines from Gosport were called out to put out the blaze in Lancaster Close, Lee-on-the-Solent.

The kitchen was well alight when firefighters arrived at about 2pm yesterday.

Firefighter Andy Marsh, from Gosport fire station, said: ‘It looks to have been caused by an electrical fault in the kitchen.

‘There were materials round the kitchen that helped to flame the fire.

‘There was a lodger in the house – the man got out 
okay and so did a dog and a rabbit.

‘We got there quickly and contained the fire to the kitchen. The kitchen was quite severely damaged.’

Firefighters were at the scene for about an hour.

Mr Marsh added: ‘They had a working alarm that alerted them to the fire.’

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page