THE family of a man who died while working on a farm say they are in ‘incredible pain’ after his death.
Ashley Clarke, 24, grew up in Emsworth and died on the Blackmoor Estate near Liss on Monday. It is thought that he and another worker were overcome by nitrogen fumes in an apple store room .
A press statement issued by the Clarke and Higgins family - that of Ashley’s girlfriend Rachel - said: ‘Words cannot express the pain we are all feeling at Ashley’s passing. He was the very heart and soul of both our families and he was so much in love with Rachel that it hurts to see the torment she is going through. He had a passion for life and the utter devastation felt by everybody who knew him is testament to his popularity and the impact he had on many of those who knew and loved him.
‘We still have many questions which will need to be answered in the fullness of time, but nothing will bring Ashley back or take away the incredible pain we are all feeling.
‘We have lost someone special, a son, a brother, fiancé and friend who can never be replaced and we will never forget him. But for now we need to grieve, supporting each other to help us through what are very difficult times.’
The statement has been put out by Ashley’s father Ian Clarke on behalf of Sharon, Ian, James, and Simon Clarke and Darren, Wendy, Rachel and Mark Higgins.