DCSIMG

Fire crews called to Portsmouth flats after curtains catch fire

 

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a block of a flats after a candle set light to curtains.

Four units from Southsea fire station and three from Cosham were called to Omega House in Omega Street, Somers Town.

A candle had set fire to curtains in a flat but the fire was out on the crew’s arrival at around 5.45pm today.

A smoke alarm alerted the people in the flat to the fire.

Firefighters are reminding people to test their smoke alarms.

They left the scene after about half an hour.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page