FIRE crews rushed to a blaze inside a derelict building in Paulsgrove last night.
A spokesman from Cosham Fire Station said two fire engines responded to the fire in a concrete annex at a disused snooker club in Southampton Road about 11.30pm on Sunday.
He said it was unclear how the fire in the annex - a room which was full of waste - had started.
He said: ‘Because it was constructed of concrete and there was lots of rubbish inside it took a while to cool it down.’
The fire crews left the scene about 2am after the fire was out.