DCSIMG

Fire in stairwell leaves residents trapped

ARSONISTS left residents trapped in their homes when they started a small rubbish fire in the main stairwell of a block of flats in Portsmouth.

Two fire crews from Southsea were called to the incident at a stairwell leading to flats above shops at the north end of Commercial Road, Landport, at 11.35pm last night.

Firefighters say some of the residents were concerned as they could not get up and down the stairs to their homes.

The crews remained on scene until 12.10pm to ensure the area was safe.

The incident is being investigated.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page