DCSIMG

Firefighter reminder of alarms after dryer fire in Portsmouth

THE fire service is reminding people about the importance of having smoke alarms after a tumble dryer fire in a home.

Two crews from Southsea was called to Queens Road, in Copnor.

The call came in at 5.40pm yesterday.

Firefighters found the owners of the property outside, along with their pet Guinea pig.

Watch manager Jamie Wren said: ‘We arrived to find the tumble dryer had caught fire.

‘We used hose reels to put out the fire.

‘Thankfully no one was hurt.’

However the fire crews noticed the house did not have smoke alarms.

Mr Wren added: ‘We stayed on for an hour to fit in fire alarms.

‘We reminded the owners of how important it is to have alarms, as it can alert others of a fire and allow people to get out.’

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page