DCSIMG

Firefighters called after electric heater catches fire in Portsmouth house

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after an electric heater caught fire at a house in North End, Portsmouth.

The incident in Gladys Avenue happened at about 6.45pm yesterday.

When firefighters arrived at the house, which belonged to a foreign couple who had two children under five, they discovered the heater had burned a hole in the carpet.

Crews made sure the couple’s fire alarms were in working order and gave them some fire safety tips and advice about using electric heaters before leaving the property about 15 minutes later.

No-one was injured.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page