DCSIMG

Firefighters tackle chimney blaze at Emsworth pub

 

FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a chimney fire at an Emsworth pub last night.

Havant crews were passing The Lord Raglan, in Queen Street, when they spotted flames shooting out of the chimney around 6.30pm.

They went inside and put rods up the chimney to put out the flames.

Firefighters from Emsworth were also sent to get on top of the roof and remove the top of the chimney, which had cracked because of the heat.

Firefighter Lacey Plumbley, of Havant fire station, said: ‘The landlords will have to sweep the chimney out in the future.’

It comes after the pub was affected by flooding earlier this year, with staff and customers at the time having to go in to clear up.

And as previously reported in The News, 2ins of water poured in before Christmas during the early hours.

Pete Mahoney, landlord of The Lord Raglan, was alerted by neighbours and had to get on the roof terrace and jumped down the back wall in order to get in the side door and switch off the electricity.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page