A MAN in his nineties has been rescued after a gas explosion blew out the front windows of his home in Portsmouth.
The dramatic incident in Walden Road, Stamshaw, Portsmouth, happened around 8.15am this morning.
Firefighters from Cosham and Southsea fire stations gave the pensioner first aid before he was treated by medics from South Central Ambulance Service.
The fire was put out around 8.53am with one high-pressure hose reel. The house was then ventilated.
Station manager Andy Lock, who was in charge of the incident, said: ‘The gas within the property has now been isolated, but because of the flying debris a neighbour’s window was broken. However,nobody was hurt.
‘Crew reacted quickly to the incident and put the fire out in good time, ensuring that the scene was safe for all.’
Southern Gas Networks visited the property to find out the location of the gas leak.