DCSIMG

Ornament catches fire in lounge of Paulsgrove home

A FIRE had to be put out by a family after an ornament ignited in a lounge.

The barometer, which includes floating balls full of oil, was on a gas fire and overheated at the home in Leith Avenue, Paulsgrove.

A crew from Cosham fire station were called out at about 5.45pm yesterday.

Watch manager Andy Marsh said: ‘They were alert to it and put the fire out before we arrived. There was very little damage. It was just the broken ornament.’

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news