DCSIMG

Pet guinea pigs die in late-night garage blaze

TWO pet guinea pigs died in a blaze at a garage which firefighters believe may have been started deliberately.

The fire began at the garage, which runs between two houses in Amberley Road, Hilsea, at around 9pm Thursday night.

A crew from Cosham was able to put the fire out quickly but everything inside was destroyed, including the pets.

Crew manager Joe Forrest said: ‘We’re still working on the cause of the fire because we’re not sure. The garage is pretty close to the house but fortunately it didn’t spread to it.

‘The owners were there and they were devastated.’

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page