WITNESSES are being urged to come forward with more information about the way two policemen treated a teenager.
Christopher Jackson was confronted by them on his driveway in Park Lane, Cowplain, after he had been playing with his friends on the pavement.
His family claim one of the officers grabbed the 16-year-old by the throat and dragged him across the driveway before driving off in a car.
The officers say this wasn’t the case and had turned up to deal with a fight which had broken out among the youngsters.
The Professional Standards Department, which is looking into the matter, hopes people who were around on the day of the incident – Friday, February 8 – will help put things straight.
Investigator Paul Martin said: ‘I am investigating that complaint.
‘Part of that investigation is to see if there are any independent witnesses to this incident.
‘There may not be any, but what has come out of the investigation so far is there may have been other motorists who had seen something occurring before the officers stopped there vehicle rather suddenly in Park Lane.’
As previously reported in The News, the officers admitted they were involved after Christopher’s dad Paul, 50, made a complaint.
He was out shooting rabbits in Alton when the incident happened and got a text from Christopher before he got home saying what happened.
Mr Jackson said: ‘My son is totally innocent.
‘He is a good lad and doesn’t do anything wrong.
‘He was grabbed by the throat and dragged across the driveway and bent over my 3ft fence.
‘He had only been playing about with his friends.
‘If I assaulted a police officer I would be up in court for it.
‘Christopher has barely been to school since and is due to have counselling because he’s scared of leaving the house still.’
If anyone saw what happened they should contact Mr Martin on (01962) 871 172.