DCSIMG

Small rubbish fire on Portsmouth flat stairs

ARSONISTS left residents trapped when they started a rubbish fire in the main stairwell of a block of flats in Portsmouth.

Two fire crews from Southsea were called to the incident at a stairwell leading to flats above shops at the north end of Commercial Road, Landport, at 11.35pm on Monday.

Firefighters say residents were concerned as they could not get up and down the stairs to their homes.

The crews were on scene until 12.10pm to make it safe.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page