DCSIMG

Smouldering rubbish catches fire and spreads to a house

BLAZE The Ernest Road fire, Portsmouth   Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service

BLAZE The Ernest Road fire, Portsmouth Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service

SMOULDERING rubbish caused a fire to spread from the back of a garden into a nearby property.

Two crews from Southsea and one from Cosham were called to Ernest Road, Buckland, at 10.51am yesterday.

Southsea watch manager Peter Scott said: ‘Originally we were called to a small fire in the garden, in the rear of a property.

‘The small-fire vehicle was sent, but there was a lot of smoke and flames, so assistance was called.’

Builders had been burning rubbish and put out the flames. But the rubbish was still smouldering, before catching alight and spreading to a property in Bettesworth Road. No-one was injured.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page