DCSIMG

Think twice about cooking after drinking alcohol, warn firefighters

FIREFIGHTERS have warned of the dangers of late-night cooking and drinking after a man had to be rescued from a fire.

Bognor firefighters were called to Manor Way, in Elmer, Bognor at 12.53am yesterday where the occupier of the ground-floor flat, a man in his 50s who had been drinking, had fallen asleep leaving a pan burning on the hob.

The smoke detector alerted a neighbour who forced his way in, rescued the man, and raised the alarm. In a statement firefighters said people should think twice about cooking if they are very tired or have been drinking.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page