DCSIMG

Washing machine catches fire

 

FIREFIGHTERS raced to the aid of a mum and her teenage son when their washing machine caught fire.

The pair were alerted by their smoke detector and managed to escape the house, on Wynton Way, Fareham, without injury.

Two fire engines from Fareham fire station were called at 9pm yesterday and had the fire under control by 9.45pm. They managed to confine the fire to the kitchen, although the ground floor had been smoke-damaged.

A spokesman from the fire service reminded people to check their smoke alarms.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page