Locked-in women rescued from Havant bedroom

Shared success

PICTURE GALLERY: Celebrating A-levels success

0
Have your say

TWO women had to be rescued from an upstairs room by firefighters after locking themselves in.

One of them dialled 999 after realising she and her friend were trapped in the first-storey bedroom of a house in New Lane, Havant, with her two-year-old twins on their own downstairs.

Havant firefighters got into to the house through an open upstairs window after receiving the call just before 10.30am yesterday.

A spokesman said: ‘There was some toast on the grill which had caused the pair some concern, but it was just a bit burnt. However they did take a risk by not having any working smoke alarms in the house at all.’