Man in hospital after fire in Gosport shed

Haverhill's Family Christmas Night (as pictured from last year) takes place on Friday, December 1. Picture by Andy Mayes.

Haverhill festive weekend has plenty for all of the family

0
Have your say

A MAN was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after a shed fire.

The 53-year-old man, thought to be homeless, had been in a shed in the allotments in Donnelly Street, Gosport.

Shortly before 7.50am yesterday, Gosport fire station were called out to a blaze, which had been started by a candle.

Firefighters said a passer-by had helped the man out of the shed before calling 999.

One man was treated for smoke inhalation, before being taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital as a precaution by South Central Ambulance Service.