Man rescued from house after chip pan causes fire

HMS Illustrious leaves Portsmouth for the last time
Picture: Shaun Roster

RETRO: Watch the last voyage of HMS Illustrious from Portsmouth

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS pulled a man from his home last night after a chip pan caught fire.

It happened at around 7.30pm in Clacton Road, Wymering.

Two fire engines from Cosham fire station and one from Portchester were sent to the house.

A man had left a chip pan on the cooker and fallen asleep while it was still going.

The man was still inside the house when the fire crews arrived.

He was treated at the scene but did not have to be taken to hospital.

Firefighters said there was minimal fire damage but a lot of smoke damage to the home.

They have reminded people not to leave cooking appliances unattended.