A MAN was rescued by firefighters after a blaze started in his kitchen in the early hours of this morning.
Two crews from Gosport fire station were called to Minnitt Road, Gosport, at 12.30am.
Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming out of a flat.
They forced entry inside and found a man, said to be in his 40s, inside.
Crews were at the flat until 2am.
The man was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics and did not need hospital treatment.
The fire had started in the kitchen after food was left under the grill.
Neighbours called the fire service after they heard the smoke alarm go off.
Watch manager Paul Temperley said: ‘Once again the smoke alarm helped.
‘It meant neighbours were able to put a call in, which made all the difference.’
One crew was also called from Fareham, but was turned back.