Man taken to hospital after Gosport shed fire

Pupils from Queen's Inclosure Primary School in Waterlooville who have donated their shoes to children in Africa.  Pictured, from left:  Lily I'Bell (8), Scarlett Bugler (10), Lucia Aldred (9) and (front) Lily Bugler (5).  Picture: Sarah Standing (170967-5871)

Pupils go barefoot to help children who don’t have shoes

0
Have your say

A MAN has been taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after the shed he was in caught fire.

The 53-year-old man, thought to be homeless, had been in a shed in the allotments in Donnelly Street, Gosport, this morning.

At 7.48am, Gosport fire station were called out to a blaze, which had been started by a candle.

Firefighters said a passer-by had helped the man out of the shed before calling 999.

South Central Ambulance Service sent one ambulance and a rapid response vehicle.

A spokesman said: ‘We were called at 8.06am and a 53-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation, he was then taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital.’

Firefighters left the scene at 8.20am and said the shed was severely damaged by fire.