Man treated for smoke inhalation after Waterlooville fire

editorial image
Cladding being taken off Horatia House in Somers Town Portsmouth

PICTURED: Residents react as work starts to remove cladding from two Somers Town high rises due to fire risks after Grenfell Tower blaze

3
Have your say

A man needed treatment for smoke inhalation after a fire in a bedroom in Waterlooville today.

Firefighters were called to the property in Chillingham Square at 9.45am.

A Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: ‘We treated one male for smoke inhalation.’

Crews from Waterlooville and Cosham attended.

The terrace house was badly damaged on the first and ground floor.

The family – two young children, a teenager and an adult plus two dogs – were out of the house when fire crews arrived.

The spokesman said the fire is believed to have started accidentally with a lighter.

He reminded people of the importance of closing doors to stop the spread of fire.

The fire was out by 10.15am.

Back to the top of the page