Narrow miss over oil pan in Portsmouth home

There is disruption to train services in the Portsmouth area this morning

WEATHER: Travel disruption across Portsmouth area as Met Office warning is issued

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home after a pan with oil in it was left on a hob.

A crew from Southsea fire station went to the home in Bishop Street, Portsea, Portsmouth yesterday at 1.30pm.

The resident had been cooking but then went outside and got locked out.

Smoke had filled the kitchen and firefighters had to ventilate the property.

They said if it had been left a large fire could have started. They warned people to not leave pans unattended.