Neighbour’s swift response prevents a blaze in flats

Fellow student Bethany Toon, 17, with Bruce Wetherill, 25, at St Vincent College, Gosport  Picture: Neil Marshall (171028-16)

Bruce a step closer to his army dream

0
Have your say

A NEIGHBOUR helped to put out a small fire on a kitchen hob after a resident left something cooking and left the flat.

A Southsea Fire Station spokesman said it happened at about 9.15pm on Saturday at a ground-floor flat in Powerscourt Road in Copnor.

The neighbour was alerted by the smoke alarm and rushed next door to put out the small blaze. The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived.

The spokesman said it served as a warning not to leave cooking unattended.