Now you see it... Now you don’t...

JPNS PINEWOOD CLOSE VISION REP: CB''The mobile home which was delivered in Pinewood Close, Stubbington on Monday.'Unsurprisingly the rest of the residents are not happy, it practically blocks the road - but the lady behind its delivery is refusing to talk to the council, the police or anyone else.' 'PICTURE: From: Michael Kearney [mailto:mikekearney1@hotmail.com]

JPNS PINEWOOD CLOSE VISION REP: CB''The mobile home which was delivered in Pinewood Close, Stubbington on Monday.'Unsurprisingly the rest of the residents are not happy, it practically blocks the road - but the lady behind its delivery is refusing to talk to the council, the police or anyone else.' 'PICTURE: From: Michael Kearney [mailto:mikekearney1@hotmail.com]

Firefighters are rushing to a scrapyard fire in Farlington

Firefighters rush to scrapyard fire in Farlington

0
Have your say

A HUGE mobile home which caused anger among neighbours in a street in Stubbington has been removed.

Police said it was an obstruction of the highway and they called Boarhunt Recovery Services to remove the static caravan, which had been in Pinewood Close since Monday.

The size of the home made it impossible for people to drive up and down the road unless they went on the pavement.

Residents say they are pleased to finally see the back of it.

Neighbour Norma Jones said: ‘I’m relieved.

‘Everyone who wanted to go out in their car had to drive along the pavement – that was the biggest inconvenience.

‘And it was just awful to see it.

‘All the members of the close were gathered together to get things done.

‘We thought it was going to be here for weeks.

‘The police really got things moving.

‘It’s a lovely atmosphere here, it’s always very pleasant.

‘This is the first time something like this has happened.

‘Everyone here is very loyal to each other.’

Police and council officers had tried visiting the residents who were responsible for the appearance of the static home, in a bid to sort out the problem.

But they had refused to answer their door.

They had not spoken to any neighbours about the caravan.

Now, Miss Jones said she is grateful that it has been removed.

‘What a relief,’ she said.

‘We thanked the police, they were so wonderful.

‘They need all the praise.

‘And the bloke from Boarhunt did it so efficiently.

‘It’s all gone quiet round here now, it’s very peaceful.’

Councillor Sean Woodward, leader of Fareham Borough Council, said he is pleased the home has now been moved.

‘It was a complete nightmare for the residents,’ he said.

‘It wasn’t a caravan, it was a full blown mobile home.

‘What on earth they had in mind I really don’t know.

‘They would have needed planning permission if they wanted to have it in their garden.

‘Any obstruction of the highway is an offence that the police deal with.

‘Sometimes you see mobile homes parked up in people’s gardens but I have never seen anything like that.

‘They are either in transit or they are on sites.

‘It’s not something you would expect to see.’

Back to the top of the page