The Spice Girls are apparently regretting passing up the chance to appear at the Diamond Jubilee concert after watching it. They were asked to appear a year ago, but turned it down because of their ‘heavy workloads’. So ‘heavy’ that both Mel B and Geri Halliwell are available to appear as guest judges on X Factor at the drop of a hat.
* One Direction have revealed that they only ever argue about petty things, such as who’s going to sit in the front seat. The rest of them sit in the back saying ‘Are we nearly there yet?’
* Alesha Dixon has added her voice to the calls for Gary Barlow to get a knighthood for all he’s done. Surely when the Queen hears that Alesha thinks he should get one, ‘Sir Gary Barlow’ should be a shoe-in. Alesha has also hinted that her Britain’s Got Talent return is not a certainty. There’s a legal issue. They’re not sure whether having Alesha judge talent breaks all the known rules of irony.
* Heidi Range has said that the Sugababes have no plans at the moment. Well, apart from a line-up change, obviously.
* The estate of late superstar Michael Jackson has been hit with a $1 billion lawsuit from a woman who claims to have inspired many of the singer’s greatest records. Kimberly Griggs claims she had an intimate relationship with Jackson in 1979 and suggests he detailed the alleged romance on albums including Thriller, Bad and Dangerous and is suing over allegations the late star exposed her personal secrets and promised to give her rights to the tracks.
* Elvis Presley is set to be digitally recreated for a series of live shows and television appearances. The virtual likeness of the singer will be created by The Digital Domain Media Group – the company behind the astonishing Tupac Shakur hologram for the Coachella Music Festival in April.
* And finally this week, a life-size bronze statue of Amy Winehouse could be put up in a venue near her home. Plans are being considered for the singer, who died in her house in Camden, North London, last year, to be remembered with a monument at the Roundhouse concert hall.
Catch Steve Power At Breakfast from Monday to Friday, 5.30-9am on Wave 105.