Pan fire started by pet dog – but blaze put out

A soldier with the 4th Mechanised Brigade is pictured engaging the enemy during Operation Qalb in Helmand, Afghanistan. PPP-151019-121639001

Trump calls for an increase in troop numbers in Afghanistan

1
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house by a resident who feared their kitchen was on fire.

The crew, from Fareham station, received the frantic call just before 6pm last night.

But when they arrived at the property, in Prideaux-Brune Avenue, Gosport, the fire was already out.

A spokesman for the station said the household’s pet dog had nudged a pan on the hob and the pan had ended up boiling dry, and set alight.

There was no damage to the rest of the kitchen.