Pan of food sets off smoke alarm in Portsmouth

The old radar station at Fraser Range, Eastney Picture: Shaun Roster

WATCH: Developer is set to buy derelict Portsmouth site which is a magnet for nuisance behaviour

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a pan of potatoes on a stove overheated and set off a smoke alarm.

Neighbours in Walmer Road, Fratton, dialled 999 after they heard the alarm and realised no-one was in the house from where the sound was coming from.

Crews from Southsea turned up at around 6pm last night and broke into the student house before opening all the windows and disposing of the food.

Crew manager Dave Higgins said: ‘We made sure the area was safe.’