Paramedics help man after Cosham fire

HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth            Picture: PA

RICK JACKSON: The patriotism inspired by HMS Queen Elizabeth is wonderful

0
Have your say

A MAN had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire.

The house in Hawthorn Crescent, Cosham, was filled with fumes after the cooking had overheated on the stove.

Three men evacuated the flat and fire engines were called at about 9.10pm on New Year’s Day.

The crew from Cosham fire station sent two fire engines and quickly put out the small fire.

An ambulance was also called to the scene and paramedics gave one man oxygen therapy, but he did not need to be taken to hospital.