Bins blaze spreads

Chris Hayward is presented with a certificate by Captain Andy Jordan at HMS Collingwood after 42 years' service with the navy Picture: Keith Woodland

Navy employee retires after 42 years

0
Have your say

A BLAZE that started in some bins spread to a nearby business and caused smoke damage.

Five firefighters tackled the blaze, which happened in Botley Road, Park Gate, yesterday at 12.55pm.

A nearby opticians suffered smoke damage via two open windows near the bins.

A worker was doing some building work on another part of the building at the time.

No-one was hurt.