THREE former members of the Fifth Portsmouth Company of The Boys’ Brigade are planning a reunion of former members.
The Boys’ Brigade, which was part of London Road Baptist Church, North End, was formed in 1933 as part of the youth outreach of the church.
The unit grew into a thriving force over the years, and its bugle band was seen at many events in and around North End.
The company also undertook outdoor activities, especially expedition work and The Duke of Edinburgh Award.
After 50 years of work and service, The Boys’ Brigade Company closed in 1983.
Any former members out there who would be interested in getting together can contact Ray Marsh, who is hoping to arrange an event at the end of the year.
Mr Marsh can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org