Pizza Hut takes grapes off the menu after toddler’s choking death

Grapes have been taken off the menu at Pizza Hut

Grapes have been taken off the menu at Pizza Hut

This plucky polecat had a lucky escape when waste collectors found him hiding among rubbish on bin day. PPP-170418-122005001

THIS WEEK IN 1994: Workers ferret out dust bin weasel

10
Have your say

Grapes have been taken off the menu at Pizza Hut after a toddler died after choking on one at one of the chain’s restaurants.

Two-year-old Jacob Jenkins, from Hartlepool, died on Wednesday, five days after choking on a grape at the town’s branch of the chain, which has branches in Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Havant and Waterlooville.

A Pizza Hut spokesperson said: ‘As a mark of respect, and in light of the tragic death of Jacob Jenkins, we have removed grapes from our menu with immediate effect.

‘The well-being of our guests is always our number one priority, and our hearts go out to his family.’

What to do if the child is unconscious:

Put them on a firm, flat surface and shout for help.

Call 999 and put the phone on loudspeaker so your hands are free.

Again don’t leave the child at any stage.

Start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).

The 999 operator will give you details of how to give CPR to a child.

More {http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/resuscitating-a-baby.aspx|official information on how to resucitate a child at nhs.co.uk|go to nhs.uk}.

See {http://www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/Courses/CourseInformation/First-aid-public-courses.aspx|British Red Cross first aid training courses in your area|go to redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk}.

Back to the top of the page