Portsmouth lottery ticket holder comes forward to claim £250,000 prize

Black Star Riders: from left, Scott Gorham, Chad Szeliga, Ricky Warwick,  Robbie Crane and Damon Johnson.  Picture by Richard Stow

Black Star Riders come under Heavy Fire on their latest tour

0
Have your say

THE owner of a winning lottery ticket worth £250,000 that went unclaimed for weeks has come forward to collect their prize.

The National Lottery had put out an appeal through The News earlier this month in a bid to trace the winner.

The lucky ticket-holder – who had bought it in the Portsmouth area – had won the £250,000 top prize from the Lotto Plus 5 draw on Thursday, May 19 but it had not been claimed.

They had until 5.30pm on November 15 to make their claim otherwise the money would have gone to good causes.

The National Lottery said the person has now come forward.

A spokesman said: ‘We’re delighted that the winner of this amazing prize has now come forward and we hope that they will enjoy their win.

‘It would have been awful if the ticket-holder had missed out on this substantial and life-changing amount of money.

‘We would like to remind all National Lottery players to check their tickets every time they play.’