As the winter develops the temperature will continue to drop and we will be burning more energy to keep warm.
But it comes with a price.
With millions of households across the country becoming increasingly tighter regards saving money here are six tips on how to keep the costs down.
Be efficient with heating:
- Stay warm, cut costs. As soon as the central heating fires up, the cost of bills grow, and concerns on how much money you are spending rises. But did you know that turning your thermostat down by 1°C can save you as much as £60 a year.
- Get cosy. Throw on that extra layer, wrap yourself in a dressing gown, put your feet up and enjoy a brew!
- Turn the pressure down on the power shower. A high-pressure power shower is a great luxury to have but you’d be surprised with how much water it could use.
Be efficient with cooking:
- Heat your home with cooking. Leave the oven door open after cooking to let the heat warm your kitchen. This may give of enough heat for you to adjust the thermostat.
- Use the right ring for the right thing. If you are cooking with a large pan then use the biggest ring. If you are using a small pan then use the smaller ring. Simples!
- Save time and stock up. Cooking several meals each time you use the oven makes the most out of having it on. Cutting down on the amount you use the oven will certainly save the pennies!