Pet guinea pigs die in late-night garage blaze

Yanick Baptista, 25, from Manchester, is wanted by Hampshire police

Hampshire police issue fresh appeal to find suspected drug dealer who is on the run

3
Have your say

TWO pet guinea pigs died in a blaze at a garage which firefighters believe may have been started deliberately.

The fire began at the garage, which runs between two houses in Amberley Road, Hilsea, at around 9pm Thursday night.

A crew from Cosham was able to put the fire out quickly but everything inside was destroyed, including the pets.

Crew manager Joe Forrest said: ‘We’re still working on the cause of the fire because we’re not sure. The garage is pretty close to the house but fortunately it didn’t spread to it.

‘The owners were there and they were devastated.’

Back to the top of the page