PLANS that could shape the future of a town are to be put out to public consultation.
Havant Borough Council has been consulting on housing and job locations across the borough and, after extensive consultation with the community, has whittled down potential sites.
It is now up to the public to say what they think are the best and worst sites chosen for the Local Plan which all future development will be considered in the light of until 2026.
The six-week consultation runs until December 21 and a series of meetings will be held across the area for people to comment and look over the sites.
The council wants to know which sites should be used to promote future investment in new jobs, the provision of new homes, and to protect the environment. The consultation responses will help inform the final stages of the Local Plan and will help the authority decide on the most appropriate locations for new development.
Julia Potter, executive head for planning and built environment at the council, said: ‘This consultation builds on earlier engagement with the public and we must now move forward and fine-tune the proposals.
‘We encourage people who live, work and visit the borough to view the current plan and let us know what they think.’
Here are the details of the meetings:
· Tuesday, November 13 The Meridian Centre, West Street, Havant from 10am to 2pm
· Friday, November 16, Common Room, Leigh Park Community Centre, Dunsbury Way from 10am to 2pm
· Thursday, November 22, United Reformed Church Hall, Hollow Lane, Hayling, from 10am to 2pm
· Tuesday, November 27, Foyer of Waterlooville Library, The Precinct, from 10am to 2pm
· Thursday, November 29, Emsworth Methodist Church and Pastoral Centre, from 10am to 2pm
· Thursday, December 6, The Hurstwood Room, Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, from 6pm to 9pm
· Monday, December 10, The Hurstwoood Room, Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, from 6pm to 9pm
All the plans are available now to view online. For more information or to make a comment go to havant.gov.uk/havant-12610.