Letters with wrong date go out to 2,000 Stubbington households

Secretary of State for Defence Gavin Williamson. Pictute: LPhot Ioan Roberts

Defence secretary refuses Treasury demands for military cuts

0
Have your say

Executive member for transport Cllr Sean Woodward

TWO thousand letters containing incorrect information about a bypass consultation have been sent out by Hampshire County Council.

Residents in the Stubbington area received letters yesterday telling them about the planning application for a Stubbington bypass.

The letters incorrectly give the closure date for comments as July 31, when the actual date should be September 11.

Crofton councillor Chris Wood said he was ‘furious’ as it had worried residents.

Cllr Wood said: ‘I’ve asked the council to send out a letter to apologise. I am furious as I have had residents contact me asking why they only have four days to comment.’

Executive member for transport Cllr Sean Woodward said another letter had been sent out. He said: ‘It was human error and it was regrettable.’

Cllr Woodward reminded people that they can view the plan and comment at a Community Action Team meeting to be held at 7pm on September 3 at Holy Rood Church in Stubbington.

A decision on the bypass is expected on September 29.