Northern Quarter public consultation opens

An artist's impression of the Northern Quarter development
An artist's impression of the Northern Quarter development
Secretary of State for Defence Gavin Williamson. Pictute: LPhot Ioan Roberts

Defence secretary refuses Treasury demands for military cuts

0
Have your say

A PUBLIC consultation outlining a developer’s proposals for the Northern Quarter regeneration will go on show this morning.

Centros, the private company behind the redevelopment, is holding a three-day consultation for members of the public.

The company is looking to build between 50 and 60 shops, cafes and restaurants, a cinema and housing on the old Tricorn centre site.

The consultation, which is being held in a temporary building in the Market Way car park, opens at 9am until 8pm on Thursday.

On Friday and Saturday, it will be open from 9am to 4pm. Representatives from the company will be on hand throughout the exhibition.

John Marsh, director of Centros, said: ‘We are delighted to present our vision for the Northern Quarter to the people of Portsmouth and will be pleased to discuss it with them at our public exhibition.’

An outline planning application for the site will be submitted next spring. The developer says issues raised during the consultation will be taken into account before the final proposal is put to Portsmouth City Council.

Last week, The News reported the proposal put forward by Centros has faced criticism.

Anyone who cannot attend the consultation can see the plans and submit their thoughts by visiting www.northernquarter.info, emailing feedback@northernquarter.info or writing to ‘Freepost Centros’.