PEOPLE in Fareham will get to have their say on a proposed 7,500-home new town north of the M27 when a public consultation begins on Monday.
To coincide with the beginning of the consultation, which runs until July 31, Fareham Borough Council has produced a magazine which will provide residents with information about the plans and outline the various options available.
Copies of Fareham Today will be sent out to homes across the borough, including Knowle and Wickham. An online version will be posted to the council’s website and distributed electronically via Twitter and Facebook.
Paper copies will also be available from public places.
As previously reported, campaigners have criticised council leaders for giving the public just a month to have their say on the plans, which could see thousands of new homes being built.
In late 2010, the council accused campaign groups of hijacking the consultation process online.
A decision will be made by the council’s executive board later this year.
To take part in the consultation visit fareham.gov.uk/haveyoursay
Or go to the following public exhibitions:
· Monday, July 16, 2pm to 7pm at Ferneham Hall, Osborn Road, Fareham.
· Wednesday, July 18, 2pm to 7pm at Funtley Social Club, 84 Funtley Road, Funtley.
· Thursday, July 19, 2pm to 7pm at Ferneham Hall, Osborn Road, Fareham.
· Wednesday, July 25, 4pm to 7pm at Knowle Village Hall, Greater Horseshoe Way, Knowle.
· Thursday, July 26, 4pm to 7pm at Wickham Community Centre, Mill Lane, Wickham.