Portsmouth school boy’s finger is pierced by needle

What do you do if you suspect your neighbours of smoking cannabis?

What you can do if you suspect your neighbours of smoking cannabis

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a school after a teenage boy got his finger trapped in a sewing machine.

The needle had pierced right through his finger during a lesson at St Edmund’s Catholic School, Arundel Street, Landport, yesterday.

One fire crew from Southsea was called at 11.12am.

Firefighters dismantled the top of the sewing machine and managed to free the boy’s finger with the needle still inside.

He was then taken to Queen Alexandra hospital for medical treatment to remove it.

Meanwhile two crews from Cosham were called to a car fire on the M27 at 5pm yesterday.

The Highways Agency closed lane one westbound at junction 12 while emergency services worked.

It took them half an hour to clear the road. Traffic faced delays as a result.