Portsmouth student’s bedroom fire caused by iron

Police force is doing ‘all it can’ to keep residents safe from terrorism

0
Have your say

A STUDENT left an iron on which caused a small bedroom fire.

Three fire crews from Southsea were called to Victoria Road North, in Southsea, to a fire.

They arrived to find a small blaze on top of a unit after the occupant of the room had left an iron on and it burnt the furniture.

Other housemates who were in raised the alarm after they smelt burning and saw the flames.

The call came at 2am on Saturday and three trucks arrived to ensure no-one was trapped.

Firefighters were there for half an hour and have reminded people to ensure appliances are turned off after use, especially irons and hair straighteners.