Reminder to carry out gas safety checks

London drug dealer spared jail after addict ‘cuckooed’ in Portsmouth home

0
Have your say

Homeowners in Portsmouth are being encouraged to carry out a safety check by the Gas Safe Register.

The register estimates that one in seven homes in Portsmouth has a dangerous gas appliance and more than 800,000 people in the south east are putting their health and finances at risk by not checking their gas appliances every year.

Left unchecked, appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Not only can these kill, they can also result in damage to homes, which can run 
into thousands of pounds to rectify.

Common problems associated with faulty or badly maintained gas appliances include black staining on surrounding walls, burst gas pipes, excessive condensation and in extreme cases, house fires and explosions.

Gas Safe Register is calling on homeowners to carry out a safety check.

Go to staygassafe.co.uk for more information and sign up to a free annual gas safety check reminder service.