Safety warning after tumble dryer fire in Portsmouth

Picture via Twitter by Chris Humphreys @CJH_News

Picture via Twitter by Chris Humphreys @CJH_News

Land next to 

Wicor Primary School that could have been built on

Residents and councillors combine to appeal to inspector over planned Portchester estate

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS today warned people not to leave tumble dryers on and unattended after a garage and shed caught fire.

Two crews from Cosham were called at 7.45am to Highbury Road, in Cosham, today as a large pall of smoke rose over the area.

Firefighters arrived to find a garage and nearby shed were on fire.

Two crew members used breathing apparatus and three jets to put the blaze out and stop the fire spreading to an adjoining garage.

The cause of the fire was a tumble dryer that was on.

Cosham white watch manager Craig Sadler is warning people to ensure they keep dryers clean and do not leave them on unattended.

He said: ‘This is a reminder that it’s really important to ensure tumble dryers are kept in good condition and checked.

‘You shouldn’t leave the appliance on unattended either.’

Picture via Twitter by Chris Humphreys @CJH_News

Back to the top of the page