Small fire in kitchen after stove left on

LETTER OF THE DAY: Cyber fraud - your views are wanted

0
Have your say

AN ELDERLY woman was taken to hospital after a fire at a property in Cosham this morning.

Firefighters were called to Washbrook Road at around 1am after a small fire in the kitchen.

It’s thought that the fire started after the stove had been left on.

Paramedics were called to the scene to treat the elderly lady and she was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital.

Watch manager Kevin Lloyd-Spencer said: ‘We cleared the smoke from the building. The fact it wasn’t a more serious incident was because the lady had a smoke detector.

‘If you are going to do some late night cooking, make sure everything is turned off.

‘Make sure you regularly test your smoke detector.’