Southsea barbecue causes bin to catch fire

HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth            Picture: PA

RICK JACKSON: The patriotism inspired by HMS Queen Elizabeth is wonderful

3
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS are reminding people to dispose of barbecues correctly after a plastic bin caught fire.

Crews from Southsea turned up to the Pyramids Centre at about 7.20pm last night to find the bin badly damaged by a disposable barbecue which had been put in it.

Southsea crew manager Dave Higgins said: ‘We are urging people to put their barbecues in the right bins else a hazard is created.’

Firefighters put out the flames with a bucket of water.