Southsea firefighters alerted to a faulty washing machine

HMS Queen Elizabeth sailing back into Portsmouth

PICTURE GALLERY: HMS Queen Elizabeth sails back into Portsmouth

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Buckland after a washing machine overheated.

Two appliances from Southsea fire station were sent to Langley Road after a young family feared the machine was going to catch fire.

Firefighters reached the house at around 8.30pm and investigated.

The washing machine was taken outside.

Firefighters said it was a faulty appliance which would have caught fire if left.