Southsea man falls asleep - and forgets he’s left pot of pasta on the stove

Tickets still on sale for Falklands talk

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a man fell asleep and left a pot of pasta cooking on his kitchen stove.

Neighbours dialled 999 after they heard the smoke alarm going off in the resident’s house in Delamere Road, Southsea, at 1.30am yesterday.

Southsea firefighters broke in and led the man to safety.

Crew manager Steve Jolliffee said he was found ‘in a state of semi-consciousness due to drink’. He was then checked over by ambulance crews.