Stark warning from Gosport fire station about lighting fires in confined spaces

Crystal Collins, left, and Sharon Newell with some of the children by the pond 

Picture: Malcolm Wells (171116-8678)

Heartbreak as ‘mindless thugs’ vandalise school garden – again

0
Have your say

A WARNING has been given out by firefighters about the dangers of starting fires.

It comes after a builder working on a house set fire to some rubbish in a shed.

Neighbours dialled 999 after seeing smoke and two fire engines went to St Edward’s Road, Gosport, at about 1.55pm on Friday.

The fire, which filled the shed with smoke, took five minutes to put out. Watch manager Tim Harrison said: ‘It’s incredibly dangerous to light a fire in an enclosed space.’