Stray lantern sparks panic

The fire near Kentidge Way, Waterlooville, yesterday. Picture: Craig Handy

Suspected arson incident in Waterlooville causes £50,000 of damage

1
Have your say

A FAMILY called 999 after they thought a stray Chinese lantern which landed on their roof had set it alight.

Firefighters were sent out to retrieve the object from the top of the property in Sixth Avenue, Wymering, at 9.15pm on Saturday night. There was in fact no fire and the lantern was out when they arrived.